The Kumon Education Franchise Company is the world’s largest after-school math and reading program for kids in grades K-12, headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey. Currently, Kumon operates in a total of 50 countries, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Other areas of opportunity include Austria, China, New Zealand, Peru and more.
Created by a dad who just wanted the best opportunities for his son, Kumon works to provide students with the tools for academic success. The Kumon program goes beyond standard tutoring services for a child. Kumon was named the No. 1 tutoring services franchise in 2016 by Entrepreneur Magazine. Kumon Education Franchise Company was also named No. 40 of the Franchise 500 and No. 15 Top Global Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Kumon currently has 1500 independently owned and operated centers just in the United States. They have increased total U.S. enrollment by 77 percent since 2006, and the total number of Kumon Education centers by 21 percent since 2006.
Kumon’s program enables each child to develop critical thinking skills and gives them a mindset to learn new materials. Kumon worksheets are carefully designed to cover everything from counting, to calculus, to Shakespeare. Instructors at each Kumon watch children become more confident as they encourage, guide and assess each student’s progress.
- Becoming a Kumon Education franchise owner only takes eight simple steps:
- Find a location for your franchise opportunity.
- Complete the Kumon Education Franchise Company application.
- Attend a 2-hour Kumon Franchise seminar to better understand the organization.
- Participate in an interview with one of the Kumon General Managers.
- Conduct a financial and background check to ensure you meet the obligations.
- Attend the initial training, a 12-day Kumon Instructor Development Program.
- Sign your Franchise Agreement.
- Plan the grand opening for your Kumon Education Franchise location!
The initial franchise fee (less the $500 deposit fee due at training if you are obtaining your first Kumon Education Franchise) is $1,000. The required capital investment is between $69,428 and $140,626.
For Entrepreneurs looking for opportunities in the educational space, this is one of the best franchises that you can purchase as well as make the type of personal and professional impact that you expect from your franchise purchase. Although we recommend that you conduct your own due diligence, our research indicates that this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to buy a Franchise that offers exceptional support from a franchisor with a solid reputation.
La Mancha Sims is Managing Director and Founding Partner of Triton Business Group, Inc., a business funding consulting and real estate investing firm with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina. La Mancha is a former Naval Officer who has over fifteen years of experience in franchise and commercial finance, specializing in assisting entrepreneurs who want to enter the franchise industry as owners or investors. You can reach La Mancha at 866-987-4866.
- Finance Your Franchise Purchase
- Complete Triton’s Franchise Application
- Learn How to Become a Real Estate Investor
- Read Our Latest eBook – Franchise Secrets to Building Wealth
- Find Out Why Franchise Due Diligence is So Important
- Follow Triton on Twitter
- Like Triton on Facebook
- Join Triton on LinkedIn
- Connect with Triton on Pinterest
- Send La Mancha an E-mail